18 Best Bourbon Bars in NYC

While there are a lot of people out there who love bourbon and would say it is their drink of choice, I am not one of those people. I am typically more of a rum and gin person. Rum is the only kind of brown liquor I can usually stomach, as I have never really been a fan of most dark liquors. My absolute least favorite liquor is tequila, which I can’t even tolerate the smell of, much less the taste. Whiskey also falls into that category which is why I don’t have much interest in trying it, or for that matter bourbon, as bourbon is a type of whiskey. Insidermonkey experts made a list of 18 best bourbon bars in NYC.

Bourbon can be one of the most iconic American drinks and there are are standards that should be met for a whiskey to qualify as a bourbon. For a whiskey to qualify as a bourbon, it should be made of 51% corn and the rest of malted barley and rye or wheat. This is aged in new oak barrels which are most often white oak barrels. Elijah Craig who is a Baptist preacher is credited with the invention of bourbon. Some, however, question this history because there were apparently already distilleries dealing in corn whiskey even before Craig. If you’re interested in giving it a go, you can pick from our list of Best Cheap Bourbons Under $30.

0 Yorum Var.: